From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wanted to build a vi to simulate press and hold button on a panel.

Solved!
Go to solution

on some industrial panels (press machine) there is a button which should be pressed and hold to activate all the other buttons for saftey reasons for example. wanted to simulate this by forcing user of the application to press and hold a key from keyboard while clicking over the rest of buttons on the front panel of the application (by mouse). Obvisouly, all the button on the fron panel of the application should work (by mouse click) unless the press and hold button, which get command from key board, is activated.

At the end the status of the press and hold button should change to false after each time one of the other buttons are pressed!

thanks for follow up.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,281 Views)

David,

Thats exactly what the vi i sent you does, all you have to add is a reset button to the vi and it will do all you are after.

Rgs,

Lucither

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything should be made as simple as possible but no simpler"
Message 12 of 16
(1,280 Views)
Solution
Accepted by David1980

David,

This should do what you are after. It now has a reset. Use the example to construct what you actually need.

Rgs,

Lucither

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything should be made as simple as possible but no simpler"
Message 13 of 16
(1,275 Views)

Lucither!

Thx Smiley Wink, trying your VIs now !

the other reply was to Steve and PCSNF who wanted more elaborations.

David

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,264 Views)

I think this may be close to what you want.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 15 of 16
(1,235 Views)

How to simulate mouse click and hold the release?

@SteveChandler wrote:

I think this may be close to what you want.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(977 Views)