LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to generate maximum minimum curve with respect to the actual data.?

We are developing the runtime executable , to measure the POWER , VOLTAGE , FREQUENCY values, data logging in TDMS file and also have to validate them (i.e. the actual value should travel within the limits). Now we are able to measure the actual values through DLL file of FANUC CNC SYSTEM, generate them in ARRAY at the sampling time of 100ms and connect it to waveform graph. Once the trail completed for the component, we will take OK component TDMS file as MASTER DATA and extract them to 2D array. By using the INDEX ARRAY function , will take the POWER column from the 2D-ARRAY and connect it to BUILD ARRAY function. Before BUILD ARRAY, we have used SCALE AND OFFSET function from WAVEFORM PALLETE to generate two curve (i.e. maximum and minimum curve ) .

Now the problem is i'm able to increase or decrease the Bandwidth of limits only in Y-AXIS alone, but it should be effective in X-AXIS also. Our sample final output should be as below,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,717 Views)

Hi Vijay,

1.) You don't need to vary the X values: you only need to "rework" the Y values as needed… (As can be seen in your 2nd image the puls width of MAX/MIN curve must be different than that of the signal!)

2.) In case you still want to change the X values: when you work with waveforms all you need to change is the T0 value of each waveform…

General note:

3.) Instead of describing each function in your VI you should attach your VI (or a snippet of the relevant code)!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,708 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thank you very much for valuable reply,

i will be taking the MASTER DATA as reference to create the limit curves on the graph . so we cant manually re - arrange the y-axis values to suit the master data. 

then we also tried your suggestion on chaning the T0 value of each waveform, then found the whole curve is getting offset and mismatching with the actual graph.

please suggest us.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,698 Views)

Hi Vijay,

did you notice the edit in my previous post?

I repeat: As can be seen in your 2nd image the puls width of MAX/MIN curve must be different than that of the signal!

When you want to have "limit testing" you need to provide suitable data. You need to adapt your "master curve" in Y and X direction: the MAX pulse needs to be wider, the MIN pulse less wide compared to MASTER pulse. Simply shifting in Y or X direction does not help you!

i will be taking the MASTER DATA as reference to create the limit curves on the graph . so we cant manually re - arrange the y-axis values to suit the master data.

I never recommended doing this manually as you can do this also programmatically - it will (maybe) take several steps and is not done by "just shifting data in one direction"!

For minimum curve a simple approach would be to:

- shift down in Y direction

- shift left and right in X direction

- get the minimum of those 3 curves

Do the opposite for the MAX curve…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,686 Views)