LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vxlapi LIN

How to transmit a LIN message(ID and 8 bytes data) via Vector interface to the ECU?

I cannot find a function able to send data.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 40
(4,993 Views)

hamidnaghi1234, 

What hardware and software are you using? 

Have you taken a look at the LabVIEW XNET Lin examples? 

Will M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 40
(4,962 Views)

It's LIN CancaseXL interface from Vector company.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 40
(4,953 Views)

Have a look at the vxlapi.dll wrapper VIs and examples in this NI community document here.

Vector XL Driver - LabVIEW wrappers

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-30180

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 40
(4,945 Views)

Sorry, site went down for maintenance before I could add to my response.

There is an example of simulating a LIN network in the document. Starting with that example you can modify it so that the master node responds to its own xlLinSendRequest() thus sending ID and 8 bytes of data.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 40
(4,934 Views)

I set one config value for both Slave and Master, I didn't recieve any data on the Monitoring table.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 40
(4,909 Views)

I can't speak much into the how the application should respond here as I'm not familiar with the library on the community page. Did you make any modifications to the examples? 

Will M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 40
(4,882 Views)

Is the CANcase LIN channel actually connected to a slave?

Does the Master node have a properly configured pull-up?

Do the CANcase LEDs come on when you transmit? What color? Red or green?

PS. Sorry for slow response. I've been on holiday Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 40
(4,441 Views)

You're in luck. I have a requirement to communicate with LIN slaves with LabVIEW as the LIN master sending data to the LIN slaves.

So I have been able to spend the time to modify the "Simulate LIN network.vi" to demonstrate how to do this.

There is now also a "Simulate LIN network -master transmit.vi" which allows you to transmit data from a Master to Slaves.

Remember that a master node MUST HAVE A PULL-UP!

The VI control defaults will try to configure 2 LIN channels. One as a master, one as a slave responding to 4 IDs. The master will also send out it's data that the slaves can receive.

Link to document containing example VI

By modifying the default control values on the front panel you can change it so that only the Master node is configured and it sends data out it's own channel with no slave connected or configured. (See front panel below for this configuration.)

2015-06-18_12h02_29.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 40
(4,396 Views)

Thank you so much Troy. I really appreciated it.

Hamid

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 40
(4,372 Views)