LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vxWorks OPC server and Labview OPC Client

Hello

I got an embedded OPC Server working, based on Wind Rivers Operating System vxWorks, and wants to use Labview as an OPC Client.

When the OPC server is build to work on a PC it is working ok, but when it is build to the embedded target, no connection is available. I can't see the Server when I’m browsing.

If a 3.part OPC Client is used, the embedded OPC server works ok.

It is also not possible to connect from NI's DSC 7.1 module. 

The OPC Server is based on DCOM.

I’ve been told that this is a known problem :

“Usually when DCOM clients try to connect to any DCOM server on Windows or vxWorks they try to bind to IOXIDResolver and/or IRemoteActivation. The Labview client instead tries to connect to the RPC portmapper interface”.

“ Wind Rivers DCOM stack only supports the standard DCOM interfaces IOXIDResolver, ISystemActivator, IRemUnkown and IRemoteActivation. This means that LabView cannot bind to RPC portmapper DCERPC interface on a vxWorks target”.

“Labview doesn’t call RPC directly, it simply makes OS calls to a proxy DLL which handles all the RPC calls”.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem if I wants to use Labview as my OPC Client ?.

Is anyone aware of a 3. part “proxy” that on the one side can handle Wind Rivers OPC Server, and on the other side can handle Labviews OPC Client ?

Thanks in advance.

Busk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,586 Views)