LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voltage histograms

Hi,

I'm currently running "niScope EX Votlage Histograms.vi" using LabView 8.0, but I don't know how to use it. I inputted the correct resource name for the digitzer, but I get "Error -1074135024: Invalid value for paramter or property". I have a NI PXI-5620 Digitizer, a PXI-5441 AWG, and a PXI-5690 Preamplifier. I have other instruments, but I'm not sure if they are of any use for this part of the project.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sammy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,314 Views)
Good morning Sammy,

Thanks for contacting National Instruments with your issue, we'll try our best to resolve it for you as quickly and efficiently as possible. 

There should be no reason why your PXI-5620 Digitizer shouldn't be able to work with the example you mentioned, you shouldn't need any of the other devices.  More important than the error code (-1074135024) would be where in the code it threw this error.  When the error message comes up, it should tell you " Error -1074135024 occurred at: niScope xxxxxxx.vi". 

Which VI this error is coming from will give us a better idea of which value is invalid for which parameter or property.  In all likelihood, one of the settings you've chosen in the Front Panel of this example is not supported, or beyond the allowable ranges for the PXI-5620.  I.e. you chose the minimum sample rate to be too high, or the voltage limits are beyond what the card can safely handle etc. 

Best of luck with your project.

Sincerely,
Minh Tran
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,299 Views)
Hi Minh,

I figured out the problem. You were right, I inputted an invalid value for the amplitude. The signal coming out of the AWG had a vertical range of 1, and I had the value in the voltage histogram vi as 5. Then I realized I needed to match the minimum sampling rate with that of the digitizer's sampling rate (64MS/s). Now, I have everything working. Smiley Very Happy Thanks for your help!

- Sammy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,289 Views)