LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vision ai builder segment color image setup

i'm trying out Vision AI builder for LCD segment check. Do i need to setup the segment color image? Can i not use convolution techniques like Otsu or SIS threshold, converting color image to gray scale easy and so on..?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,039 Views)

Hi,

I have found a relatively straightforward and easy to follow video that hopefully outlines what you are trying to do. Your application may take a bit more processing than the one in the video but hopefully it gives you a good starting point.

The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7QJLMvHE1Y

Does this help?

Warm regards,

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,000 Views)

Good morning Luke,

thank You very much for the perfrect link. It's a good starting poiint.

During my short evaluation period (for AI builder),i also discovered how to crop images. It seems the tool can do lots of things i need, but not so easy for me to discover.

You never now that i will revert to/need this tool!

thanks,

koen.

to be a solution however, i would need to develop the complete process of detecting the LCD segments on many items with different camera's. Now, i'm using OpenCv in c# as cmnd-tool and still succeeding (no blocking points till now & already tested on 5 items with  one camera (i'm using hp cam & china uses a local cam (both usb cams); i will need also a transform, because LCD can be mounted ascew a bit....).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,983 Views)

Hi Koen,

Glad to hear that was helpful! It is definitely a very useful tool and will take some practice to get used to but hopefully can do everything you may need it to.

Has the problem you were having been solved? 

Warm regards,

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,963 Views)

Good day Luke,

i will not try it out, because my openCv solution works now when "bad weather" is outside, without lights on in the room. Waiting for other luminance effects to acknowledge my openCv solution. No time & money at this moment to "investigate" further the quality of NI Vision AI Builder.

But Your help is greatly appreciated. (without it, i would maybe have given it up. Not googling & to old to youtube... 🙂

You never now in the future.

i great feature also of NI AI Builder is that one is able to play continuously a sequence of images!!(e.g. visually comparing gray scales or ...) Also other things when working with images and colours and filters etc.., but even this 500 Euro is perhaps asked to much. You should see my earnings.... 😞   If this is the way my Boss wants to pump up the economy???? Only his earnings and making managing board happy. damn. But I understand, it's not the only thing we need to invest to keep the factory running!

thx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,958 Views)