LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vision acquisition software

hello, i installed labview and vision development module ( both are evaluation models or trial versions for limited period) i also downloaded and installed vision acquisition software from ni downloads after finishing installing it is asking for activation code is it necessary to buy the product or can i also use some trial version for couple of weeks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,022 Views)

I'd say that if you are planning to do much with NI Vision, you need to purchase the software.  Note that the Run Time system for the Vision stuff is, I believe, also licensed (at a lower cost) -- you get one "Run" license when you purchase the Development Module (for your own use), but if you distribute it to someone else, I'm pretty sure they'll need a license in order to run it.

Your best bet for "correct" information on NI Licenses is, of course, your local NI Representative.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,005 Views)

as i am a student is it possible to download student version

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,993 Views)
The student suite version includes vision - http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210867

I don't know how long the evaluation version of vision is good for. Have you checked with your school's IT department to see if they have a site license?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,975 Views)