From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa wiht png images

HI,

I have a vi taht reads bytes via RS232 with 25 draw ovals. When I run the VIit hasa hugedelay and most of the time is freezes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,406 Views)

You are blocking the important things for the VISA communications.  But here are the things for the VISA configuration:

1. Make sure the Termination Character is turned OFF.  That could cause some weird things for you if one of the data bytes happene to match the termination character.

2. Change the Byte Count to a constant and make sure it is set to 3.

3. Make sure the rest of your serial port settings are currect for whatever is sending you the data.

Is the data constantly being sent out?  Or is it only sent out on a command?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,400 Views)
Hi Crossrulz,
thanks for your reply. Yes, the data is continiously being sent to labview via RS232. everything works fine when I use booleans (Led's) assigned to each bit in a byte. the problem only occurs when I use the 'draw oval' vi's. Seeing from highlighted execution, I assumed it has some thing to do with timing.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,372 Views)