LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa read and write to text file freezes application

Hi all,

I ran this VI as a a portion of an exe overnight, but i can tell that after 2 hours the write to text portion stopped working, based on the latest update of the file. Both files stopped working at roughly the same time, and when i debugged the code it looked as if this portion of the VI had frozen. Upon trying to properly close the VI, it froze and i had to force quit the application. The file sizes were around 130KB and 1.7MB.

Any suggestions?

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,859 Views)

Here is the attachment, I dont knwo why it hasnt been attaching.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,856 Views)

Hi all,

I ran this VI as a a portion of an exe overnight, but i can tell that after 2 hours the write to text portion stopped working, based on the latest update of the file. Both files stopped working at roughly the same time, and when i debugged the code it looked as if this portion of the VI had frozen. Upon trying to properly close the VI, it froze and i had to force quit the application. The file sizes were around 130KB and 1.7MB.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Have you tried to simply run the VI individually? Could you test this VI in another computer to make sure that the problem is not driver related?

A. Acuna
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,801 Views)

Yes,

Ive tried to run it on a different computer that has labview installed.  Im seeing some issues that i didnt see before.  I also see an error code 4706 i think, id have to check that again though,  Im investigating that and building the code to be a little more robust for error handling.  I tried to shortcut it to get it done, but its proving to be more difficult than expected.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,793 Views)

Once you are done modifying your code, feel free to post any new doubts or questions regarding your issue. If you get any error code, make sure to write down the number and message of the error please.

A. Acuna
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,746 Views)