LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa error

OUCH!

Debugged and shipped installation CD that worked great here on development PC.

However, client cannot run software due to VISA error, when my LV code tries to read USB ports.

The installation CD included my executable and LV Runtime 4.6.

I had him install NI MAE 4.6.1F0, and VISA 4.6.2, and I developed using LV Full 8.6.

I have no idea why it is not running on his PC, that has been restarted with these downloads, and the devices have been reinserted into the USB ports.

It appears that there is some other code that resides on my dev PC, that he needs on his PC to run my code.

Suggestions??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,666 Views)
Does your device require a driver? You could be having an issue with the lack or or wrong USB driver installed.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 2 of 8
(2,652 Views)

Good thought, but the driver is working fine, since we can see all of the devices connected to the ports via the NI MAE screen.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,649 Views)
What specific error are you getting? That may help to narrow down the issue.

Mark Yedinak
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Message 4 of 8
(2,646 Views)

Error code not displayed.

However, it is failing to see the USB ports using VISA commands.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,644 Views)
Can you post your code or a screen shot of what you are doing? You are giving us very little to go on making it nearly impossible to offer advice.

Mark Yedinak
LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,630 Views)

The customer has the system at a remote location that I have no access to at this time.

I am attempting to avoid a costly trip to visit client to debug on site.

I have no screen shots.

Screen shot would only tell me what I know, there is an error reading USB ports using VISA.

The question is:  "Are there any other NI-LabView programs or drivers that may be on my dev pc, but not on client PC?".

I know that the Labview Run-time engine, NI MAE and VISA are required and installed.

How do I look at my code, and determine if some other driver is on my PC and being used, but the customer did not get it via my installer build?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,626 Views)

I'm sure you have verified the COM port, baud rate, etc... have been configured properly?

I am writing a VI that communicates to a stepper motor controller and it is a USB connection.  Depending on the USB port I plug into, the COM port changes with a different slot I choose.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,617 Views)