LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa and serial port error -1073807202

Hello!
I'm new to serial communication and I have a problem trying to use VISA vi's in Labview 7. I want to receive and send data to a microcontroller which is connected to the serial port. I used the examples from labview help and if I run basic read write to serial port.vi and my application i get this error :-1073807202 at property node in VISA configure serial port.vi. I used Hypertherminal to see if the port is working- I can establish a connection but when i send a text file i get nothing, so i don't know if the port is working properly.  Another problem is that i don't have the device ready yet to connect it to my computer, i want to make the application work first.
Could anyone help me?i've looked at other posts on this topic and i can't find any solution.
Thank you very much
I've attached my application
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,110 Views)
Hi annsmith

You'll need to have the VISA drivers installed. You can install them from the device drivers CDs or download them here.
By the way, searching the forums with this error code would give you lots of results...

Daniel

Message 2 of 7
(6,104 Views)
Hello!
I installed the VISA drivers and now I get another error: VISA error at VISA configure serial port.vi arg 4 ,I've attached it here. When I use the LV exemple  Basic read write from serial port.vi  I get no error but nothing happens, if I write something I can't read it back. I used MAX and the same thing i can't read back what i write to the serial port.
Can someone help me please?Thank you very much
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,094 Views)

You could have the wrong serial parameters or the wrong type of cable. Typically, you would use a null-modem type of cable. This is a cable where the transmit and receive lines are switched or do a cross-over. Pin 1 at one end gets connected to pin 2 at the other and vice versa.

p.s. Your example causes an error because you sending the incorrect value for stop bits. If you look at VISA Configure Serial Port, the stop bits control is a text ring and the actual value passed for 1 stop bit is 10, not 1.

I would also recomend you try everything out in Hyperterminal before you start messing with your own program though using MAX is an alternative. When trying to get serial to work, it's hard enough without worrying about whether your program is the cause of problems or not.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,083 Views)
Hello!
I get no errors now, i only have to connect my device and see what happens.
Thanks so much for the help!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,080 Views)

dear friends i am getting same error now-1073807202,

i have lab view 7.1 version installed on my machine. i had aleady installed all drivers and software applications in 2013.

my lab view applcations are able to communicate with pic micro-controllers before, but now from week onwards i am very disturbed with the error code 1073807202, nothing works now.

i think i have did a mistake by upgrading my windows from 7 to windows10.

please anybody suggest me right approach for the solution.

welcome

deep

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,122 Views)
There is no version of NI VISA that is compatible with both Windows 10 and LabVIEW 7.1. The best solution would be to upgrade your ancient version of LabVIEW. I don't know what it means when you say you installed on 2013. When you installed something says nothing about the versions you installed.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,089 Views)