cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virtual digital input problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to learn DAQ on labview. So, I made a basic digital input vi, with a virtual digital input device. For some reason I cannot get it to output anything other then zero, but when I run the daq assistant (when setting up daq assistant) the boolean values toggle between 0 and 1. But, in my VI I cannot get any input other then zero.

I have attached my VI.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,777 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kenypatel

You should wire up your stop button to the Stop input on the DAQ Assistant.  You are openening and closing the task each time when you do not do that.  I think that is also resetting the toggling of the simulated device.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,765 Views)

That did the trick. 

So, if I didn't wire the stop button to the stop daq assistant terminal, the daq assistant is basically triggering on and off?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,751 Views)

kenypatel wrote:

So, if I didn't wire the stop button to the stop daq assistant terminal, the daq assistant is basically triggering on and off?

Not quite.  The task was being created and destroyed with each iteration of the loop.  By telling the DAQ Assistant that you are not stopping, it leaves the task open.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,742 Views)