LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viewing values in hyper terminal

Hello all,

I am quite new to WSN programming. I have Crossbow and required hardware( micaz motes, mib510 programming board and a serial port cable). Can I view a Hello Message send by mote in the hyper terminal. Please guide me from the very beginning. Since I am purely from a computer science background . Thanks in advance 

Rekha 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,651 Views)
Has it something to do with LabVIEW?
Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,536 Views)

Hey all,

I have a Ground Penetrating Radar that I communicate with successfuly by Hyper Terminal by inputing strings and getting some feedback from it in Hexadecimal, now my task to find an intergrated system with LV to make sure this GPR installed on a robot which would be interfaced and control by LV.

The problem I am facing i am using the simple example for serial communication but it is giving me an error in running time, as well I am not sure how i should enter my strings to the device. please can someone advise?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,324 Views)

You'd be better off starting your own thread. When you do, please specify the error that you are seeing. What is the error code? What does the documentation say about the commands? Do you need to append a character to the commands to indicate the end of the command? When you read does the device end its response with a specific character, such as linefeed or carriage return?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,317 Views)

Sorry Didn't figure out how that could be done...

anyhow...I am attaching the manual for my GPR, as well the error code.

I want to input XON as a command to make sure my GPR will be booting, I did that through hyper terminal and it worked fine, but through lab veiw not sure why it is not working.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,306 Views)

@sas-Qatar wrote:

Sorry Didn't figure out how that could be done...

To start a new thread just click on the New Message button.

anyhow...I am attaching the manual for my GPR, as well the error code.

I want to input XON as a command to make sure my GPR will be booting, I did that through hyper terminal and it worked fine, but through lab veiw not sure why it is not working.

That error code indicates you are trying to use events, but have not actually registered for an event. Why are you using the Basic 2 Port example? You should be using the regular Basic Serial Write and Read example. The manual indicates that you need to append a carriage return to the commands. In the Basic Serial Write and Read example you can do so by replacing the "\n" with "\r". Thus, the control should look like this:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,291 Views)