LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vi randomly opens

Solved!
Go to solution

when i Open my VI,it loads up and also a sub VI (within) randomly opens as well.only started happening recently, but i cant see any reason this is happening? this happen for anyone else?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,076 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dhanna

Check whether the Appearance is set to open when Loaded in the property of the VI which opening. You can check that in VI Properties>Apperance>Customize.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 2 of 8
(3,063 Views)

brilliant. never knew that existed. I dont know why it suddenly turned on like that though?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,048 Views)

No other way it may get enabled. May be by mistake mostly.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,043 Views)

I have recently been having an issue with an old setup that I dont have much experience with. (I am working on restoring a very old test procedure). And when I try to open random vi's labview seems to default to opening the same RELAYS.VI and will not open anything else. This seems to be very strange behavior and I am at a loss for ideas. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,782 Views)

@ghannah412 wrote:

Any suggestions?

Turn this setting off which P@Anand mentioned and resave it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,750 Views)

That setting is not an option with the LabVIEW version that is installed on this pc. And additionally its not 2 vis that are opening simoultaneously. Any time I try to open a vi the wrong vi opens and its not possible to get the correct one to open. Quite a bizzar and frustrating experience. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,710 Views)

Can you open a new blank vi.

how are you opening the vi-  From File>>Open.. or from Windows explorer (assuming windows)

What version of LabVIEW is installed?  What version was RELAYS.vi written in?

Is this really source code or are you trying to open a file inside a 8.6 layout executable build output?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,692 Views)