From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vi multiple desktops

Hello, Is it possible for multiple users (w/ Admin Privileges) to view and interact with a running vi on a separate user Desktop? In other word, if one user is logged-on and another user wants to log-on to their account, would like to interact with the running vi in their environment. The vi is located within Users/Public and is visible from another user, but afraid to start due to possible interference/multiple occurrences? This is on Win 7 in a managed network. Thanks, Chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,071 Views)

Hello,

Are you saying that you would like to have the vi running on one machine, but access the front panel of the VI from other computers within the network while it is running?

You can set up a remote front panel using a web service, and then you could access the vi from not only computers within the network, but any computer with internet access.  Here is some information on remote front panels:  

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4791/en/

I think this article describes what you are trying to do quite well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(1,996 Views)
Thanks Jon, That's exactly what I want. I was looking/hoping for something 'simpler' However our IT will have to bless...we'll see. Chris
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,989 Views)