From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vi is about to leave memory / Custom Device for VxWorks RTOS

I am writing a LabVIEW project using a custom device template tool, and this project will be deployed and run on VxWorks RTOS after the build. 

Before the build, I want to integrate a LabVIEW controller model including 18 sub vis into <custom device name> RT Driver.vi. 

However, after adding 3~4 sub vis, whenever I try to save or open the LabVIEW project model, I got an message as following.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<custom device name> Custom Device.lvlib:<sub vi name>.vi has unsaved changes.

<custom device name> Custom Device.lvlib:<sub vi name>.vi is about to leave memory. Its unsaved changes will be lost.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once this message appears, whenever I open the LabVIEW project I can see this message. So, I have to click the save button whenever the project is open. 

Besides, Boolean switches in the sub vi with this messages are turned TRUE.

In other words, boolean switches are always TRUE whenever I open the LabVIEW project even after saving boolean switches FALSE. 

How should I handle this? is this kind of memory problem of LabVIEW? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,280 Views)