LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vi find resource can't see 1394 camera

use "visa find resource", can't see my fireware camera, only can see serial ASRL*,  but on Max, I can see it,
the same thing in CVI viFindResource, with setting /?*,   /FIREWIRE?*, only can see ASRL.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,864 Views)
Do you think the VISA API ist the right way control the camera. There is a special IEEE1394 Camera API, with NI IMAQ stuff. Maybe you should use those VIs.
Greets, Dave
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,861 Views)
want to make low level calls because the high level api some times get "camera not found problem"  when doing hardware boot the rt.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,855 Views)
Hello zy9,

If you are getting a camera detection problem, this may be caused by the operating system.  You might want to double check that you can see your camera in the device manager.  A simple fix would be to just unplug and plug back in the camera.  Is your camera DCAM compliant?  The NI-IMAQ for IEEE 1394 driver is designed to support IIDC compliant cameras.  Further information regarding Firewire camera support can be found here.  With this information we will be able to further assist you with this issue.  I am assuming that you are using the IMAQ for 1394 or IMAQdx driver in order to detect the camera in MAX.  As a note of caution, you cannot associate multiple drivers to a camera; that is, if you want to communicate using VISA and the VISA driver you will not be able to access the camera with the IMAQ driver and vice versa.  Also to help clarify, VISA is not a low level driver for the IMAQ driver.  I hope this helps.  Please let us know if you have further questions related to this issue.

Best regards,

Vu D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,835 Views)
yes, the sony dfw-x700 in device manager of windows, MAX also can see it, and CMU 1394 demo application from Carnegie Mellon University can find the camera.

and I got a code from some where ,

//open a VISA resource manager session 

status = viOpenDefaultRM (&defaultRM);

//find the device in the system.

status = viFindRsrc(defaultRM, 

"FIREWIRE?*INSTR",

VI_NULL,VI_NULL,instrDescriptor);

suppose  it should return the fireware device ?  
when I use "/?*INSTR", I can only see the Serial device. 

what I want is directly using VISA to access fireware device without using imaq driver.                                                                       ,),
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,820 Views)