LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

version control tool for Mac OS X?

Hi all

If using labview on Mac OS X, 

do you have some version control tools to recommend?

Thanks  a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,017 Views)

As far as i know, LV for Mac does not integrate with source code control provider. LV for Windows has two requirements for this:

a) Professional Development Environment

b) A source code control provider compatible to the Microsoft Source Interface

There is still always (Mac, Linux and Windows alike) the possibility to control source files using the SCC providers client software.

Many open source project SCCs like CVS or Git integrate, at least in Windows, in the File Explorer.

I recommend you to research possible solutions like this for Mac.

The next question is if you want to use a distributed SCC or a local one. Depending on this, you will have to setup a network server with compatible provider (e.g. RhodeCode).

LV provides both a Diff and Merge tool as EXE (Professional). I am not sure if this is also true for the Mac version, so look for "LVCompare" and "LVMerge".

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 3
(2,012 Views)

I agree with Norbert that you need to look for a Mac-compatible Version Control System that meets your needs (cost, availability in your workplace, need for a separate Server, etc.).  Many of us running Windows use TortoiseSVN, which we run without integrating it into LabVIEW, but doing the Commits and Updates in the regular Windows (actually, in Windows Explorer) environment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,987 Views)