From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vector xl driver: labview wrapper

It looks llike some dependencies haven't loaded. Were there any warning popups as the VI loaded?

Did you download and install the XL Driver Library from the vector website and copy the vxlapi.dll into the wrapper library folder?

If yes...

Can you list what the errors are for the VIs with the red 'X's next to them.

Also, what version of LabVIEW are you using?

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(1,856 Views)

By the way, we got the Transmit VI to work. The only thing we did different than how it was set up originally was to put a Whilie loop around the sub VI that does the transmitting. I really don't understand why that solved the stuff error I was getting, but it's working perfectly now. I've basicially been using it to send periodic messages this way and also added a couple data lines to it so it's sending more than one message at a time.

Thanks for all the help and for the VIs!

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(1,836 Views)

First of all, I really appreciate your super immediate response.

OF COURSE,

I've downloaded the lateset  library version from Vector website... (vxlapi.dll -  version 9.0.34 created in 2014-11-26 size 245,248byte // version 8.3 you mentioned in article is not available now, only latest vesrion is available)

Here is PC environment i'm currently using

- Win7 (64bit)

- Labview 2012 (evaluated version; ㅠㅠ YES I'M POOR )

Since I'm using Win7(64bit) , I tried the vxlapi64.dll isntead of vxlapi.dll. but in vain.

I think that all the errors are derived from the library as you can see below picture

Additional Comments 

There was a message asking the location of vxlapid.dll when I first opened your VIs. but it's not open anymore.

After removing and copy your VIs, the message is appear again.....

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(1,816 Views)

Those errors really look like the vxlapi.dll is not in the location the VI expects it to be.

Where is the vxlapi.dll located?

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(1,806 Views)

Thx again

I put the vxlapi.dll in the top folder .  should it be in the specific location??

I think need a big drill on the labview....

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(1,798 Views)

Should be here...

dllwhere.png

So where you have it is correct. Does it throw any errors as its loading or only when you try to run?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(1,790 Views)

fig1. is shown at the first excution of your VIs.

win010.png

fig2. after loading the dll file. this pop-up messages are shown.

win011.png

fig3. is shown when I clicked the "Show detail" button. It says somthing about the dependency....

win012.png

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(1,772 Views)

So the VIs that you are executing are in     D:\6.SEDPQM\labview_example\##New_Vector XL LV2011 v2\

But you put the dll in a different directorry  D:\6.SEDPQM\labview_example\##Vector XL LV2011 v2\

Some of your VIs are detecting the dll is not in the expected path when loading and prompting you to change it. But it seems this is not working completely correctly.

How about try putting the dll in the directory where all the VIs are expecting it to be rather than putting it in a different directory?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(1,742 Views)

Good after noon Troy...
I 've tried putting the vxlapi.dll file in the directory where all the VIs are expecting it to be.....
but it has a same symptom .
Can you share the DLL file you using??  I think it's a probleom from the library file. see the specific error list

win003.png
win003.pngwin006.pngwin008.pngwin009.png
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(1,701 Views)