LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vantage pro shared library error

Greetings

I have found a example in the help menu in real time/ tool kit/ getting started. I am hoping this will read information from my cRIO and display it. I am using dll from vantage vue but I am recieving this error. Can anyone give some suggestions of how to reolve this? I have placed them into the library but still no luck.

Deploying Real-Time.lvlib:Stop On Error.vi(already deployed)
Deploying VantagePro.lvlib:Error Converter (ErrCode or Status).vi (7.10 K)
Deploying VantagePro.lvlib:Load Current Vantage Data V.viVantagePro.lvlib:Load Current Vantage Data V.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.
LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library VantagePro.*:_LoadCurrentVantageData_V@0:C. Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.
Deploying RT Target Container
Deployment completed with errors

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,419 Views)

cRIO is a completely different target to your host system (most likely Windows). Depending on your compactRIO controller it even uses a completely different CPU and OS than your host. As such the shared library that you got needs to be recompiled for the cRIO target and in the case of VxWorks based targets manually copied to the cRIO controller through FTP.

Here you can check what target architecture and OS your cRIO target uses. This is a KB article about calling shared libraries for VxWorks based targets.

Basically if your target runs VxWorks there is no way around creating a VxWorks based shared library and for that you need the C source code and possibly make changes to get it compiled as VxWorks implements a limited Posix compliant API, which means it is a lot like Unix/Linux as far as API calls are concerned but doesn't implement the entire Posix standard (which is a rather fuzzy term anyhow).

If your target runs Pharlap ETS then there is a chance that the DLL can be used on it, but only if it is not compiled in the latest super duper Visual C environment (NI Pharlap ETS only supports the VC 2008 C runtime library or so).  Also your shared library can not use every Win32 API call out there, as the Pharlap ETS OS only implements a subset of the evergrowing Win32 API.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,400 Views)

Hello, I have a similar problem, please help!

VantagePro.lvlib: error Converter (errCode or Status) vi.
VantagePro.lvlib: Open Comm Port V vi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,316 Views)

Hello, I have a similar problem, please help!

VantagePro.lvlib: error Converter (errCode or Status) vi.
VantagePro.lvlib: Open Comm Port V vi.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,315 Views)

And what is the error? what Operating System? OS and LabVIEW versions? The target you try to put this on? Exact error messages?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,307 Views)