LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validating a XML using XSD 1.1 schema

Hi,

i am using LV13, and have a XML file which i want to validate on load using the XSD1.1 schema.

The Labview inbuilt parse (Load XML File.VI) works fine and validate my xml against XSD1.0 schema specifications.

Is there a way in which i can configure the XML parser in LV , so that is validates XML as per the 1.1 schema specification.

Thanks for your help in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,797 Views)

It looks like if you dig into the Load XML File.VI, you eventaully reach a locked subVI that you cannot open any further.  That VI looks like the one that is doing the parsing.  Since the XSD1.0 and XSD1.1 sound like they are pretty different, I think your next best hope is to look for an existing library or you can write the parsing from scratch

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,732 Views)

Yeah, i did the same, after digging the SUBVI are locked. 

Also, after a more research i found that validating an XML with 1.1 schema may not be possible because LV uses Xerces2.7 as a native parser. Basically that parser is present behind that locked VI. Additionally, Xerces 2.7 is unstable for XSD1.1 schema specification, that is what I read on developer forum.

The only shot which I have is to create a dll and bring it inside LV environment. The latest Xerces 3.19( written in C++) has the capability to validate against XSD 1.1 and is a stable version.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,729 Views)

@Ayum wrote:

Hi,

i am using LV13, and have a XML file which i want to validate on load using the XSD1.1 schema.

The Labview inbuilt parse (Load XML File.VI) works fine and validate my xml against XSD1.0 schema specifications.

Is there a way in which i can configure the XML parser in LV , so that is validates XML as per the 1.1 schema specification.

Thanks for your help in advance.

You can use MSXML  by Invoking the Methods of Microsoft XML

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 4
(3,714 Views)