cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using excel to generate signal in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there

I am having a trouble in generating a signal in labview using excel and then plotting it as waveform.

In excel file, I have 2199 rows and 9 columns with time in second and I want to plot time against other columns except column 1. In rows, I have text in first one.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,513 Views)

What is the problem you are facing?

Are you able to read the .xslx file? If yes how you are reading?. It would be good if you post the VI you tried.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,506 Views)

Hi Anand

I have not tried reading the excel file as I am pretty novice at this stage and dont know how to read excel file in labview. However I have tried copying and pasting the data from excel to notepad and changed the dimension to lvm and tried reading that and I have found that it limits the data to a range.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,501 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LabDevil

One simple thing you can do. Open the Excel file and save it as delimited .txt file and use the Read from Spread sheet file to read the data and then remove the first row and convert to DBL and then plot it.

Good luck

-----

Message 4 of 8
(3,497 Views)

Hey Annad

I have got the graph which is same as the graph I plotted in excel however the only problem I am now getting is time which should be the x axis. So i changed the scale to relative time which is very different in range as compared to the one in table.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,487 Views)

You haven't shown us any code, so we don't know which columns you're using. However, you should be aware that Excel and LabVIEW use different epochs: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-8733.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,473 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

You haven't shown us any code, so we don't know which columns you're using. However, you should be aware that Excel and LabVIEW use different epochs: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-8733.

Thanks smercurio the link appears to be broken so anyone who tries just remove the "." at the end.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,470 Views)

Thanks for the notice on the link. I fixed it.

I hate this new editor's "smart" link creation. It's brain-dead.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,464 Views)