LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using NI USB-6008 with .dll libraries

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to write a program that will operate on a computer that does not have the 2gb of drivers installed using the included dlls. (NationalInstruments.DAQmx.dll, NationalInstruments.Common.dll, NationalInstruments.Common.Native.dll) I have a functioning program that is able to use outputs and read inputs on a computer that has the drivers installed, but will not run on a computer that does not have the driver installed. Is the driver an absolute requirment for the program (and device) to run?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,263 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mrm8863

Yes, the driver is required in order to use the DAQ device. You may be able to pare down the installation somewhat, but I'm not sure how small you can get it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,254 Views)

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately this information might result in moving to a different product for this application which I would prefer not to do. Can someone please second that the driver is a requirement?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,249 Views)

As I memory, the driver is not so big. ~ some hundred MB, of course, it is still bigger compare with part of other 3rd device.

Colin Zhang
------------------
LV7.1/8.2/8.2.1/8.5/8.6/9.0/2010/2011/2013/2015/2016/2020; test system development; FPGA; PCB layout; circuit design...
Please Mark the solution as accepted if your problem is solved and donate kudoes

Home--colinzhang.net: My Blog

iTestGroup: One-step test solution provider!
ONTAP.LTD : PCBA test solution provider!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,247 Views)