From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using Labview control a power supply GWinstek PSM6003

Hi

i download the driver and i connect the instrument but i have an error when i run the VI  GWPSM Write.vi 

any help please .

thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,283 Views)

Double check the port settings when running the driver to make sure they are the same as what you are using in VISA Test Panel.  Also make sure the port is closed properly before attempting to open it again.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,245 Views)

Hi ,

Thank you for your response so i check the port settings and still the same error and i can't undrestand the warnings 

Best Regards 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,219 Views)

Hi Ahmed,

error -1073807246 (or hex BFFF0072) says: "resource is valid, but you cannot access it right now"…

Most probably you are trying to access the device using some other software which blocks the COM port! A COM port is a shared resource, which can be accessed only by one instance!

Btw. it would help when you show the full error code in all of your images: in image 06 it is (partly) hidden…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,217 Views)

Hi GerdW ,

Yes that's the error and as i send in the capture08 i have an error in the property node also in the configuration of the port i have a problem in the parity it's Even in MAX but when i chande in the VISA test panel  from none to Even I have an error .

Beast Reagards 

Ahmed Kochbati 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,213 Views)

Hi Ahmed,

in image 08 you still have the "shared resource not available" error - as explained above.

In image 10 you get a "framing" error, which most often occurs when setting a wrong baud rate or when "jumping" into the middle of a serial transmission. Usually all you need is to either apply the correct settings or to delete the error and try to read again…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,207 Views)

Hi, 

thank you for your support it work now and i run the VI 

Best regards 

Ahmed Kochbati

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7