From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using LPT to generate pulses

Dear Werner,
thanks for ur reply, i got the pulses on the mentioned pins, i mustave messed up when i tried earlier..
a few issues :
1. timing :
i have attached a screen shot of one test..basically, im having trouble with the triggering of a high data pulse....there doesnt seem to be ne provision for setup time....the screen shot will make my problem clear i hope..

2. timeperiod :
as per ur reply i understand that it is not possible to generate a clock signal with a time period lesser than the data signal / shift the entire clk signal itself by a small interval ? is this correct ? ( ideally i would have wanted the clk to have a time period of 10 us )

3. strobe :
at the end of 16 pulses i would want the strobe to be high only for 10 us , and not permanently high ....is this possible?

in short sir....is it possible to get the same output as the waveform graph ( in ur modified version, which u have mentioned is for learning purposes/cosmetic only ) on the actual parallel port?

thank you for your patience and help sir,
regards,
Sairaj.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(670 Views)
Dear Werner,
sorry to disturb u again sir, but im slowly realising how complicated labview really is!

i finally got the right pulses on the lpt, i mustave made some error in the morning when i was making my connections..

a few issues :
mainly regarding the strobe ( i want it to be high only for 10us ) and the triggering of the high data pulses..

i have attached a picture that correctly explains my requirements diagramatically....this is an actual snapshot of the oscilloscope after one of the test runs....with my comments

i hope u will take some time out and help me out ..
greatly appreciate all ur help and timely assistance so far,
regards,
Sairaj.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(669 Views)