LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using EXT trigger 3499A and polling status

I was looking for a way to use the EXT trigger as a way to make my code wait.  I am not familar with its function though.  Looking through the manual, I do not see a way to status the trigger.  I was hoping I could set the EXT trigger up and then poll its status.  Once I see it has triggered, I can continue on with my code.  I am sending RS-232 commands if that matters.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,421 Views)

That does not sound like a LabVIEW question. It is very instrument specific. You have not specified it but I'm guessing you are referring to the HP/Agilent/Keysight 3499. If there is something, it would probabl;y be in one of the instrument registers (Status Byte, Event, etc.) or OPC. A quesry to the vendor is going to provide the best information.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,414 Views)

Its the Agilent 3499A/B/C Switch/Control System.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,405 Views)
And have you asked Agilent tech support? As I said, this is not a LabVIEW issue.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,392 Views)

The labview issue is how to code it in labview since that is what I am using.  I have since decided to use the DIO port though as this seems easier.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,379 Views)
If you don't know what to query the instrument with, it's not a LabVIEW issue. The instrument either has or has not the command. The language that you use to implement a command is irrelevant. That is why you have to refer to the manual and the vendor.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,373 Views)