LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use two indicators for the same variable in two different VIs

hello, I want to use two indicators for the same variable in two different VIs running at the same time
should I use global variables?? I want to avoid because I have lot of variables and it would takes too much memory,I tried with this code but the value of the second indicator is not updated 

I tried to use the queue and it works but the problem is as i said previously that i have many variables shoud I use a queue for each one??

what should I do?

thank you in advance

cordialy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,543 Views)
I can't look at your code because I'm on my phone right now. Have you gone through the tutorials? If you have a lot of variable that may be your first problem. Many LabVIEW programs don't have any variables.

There is no best way to transfer data around within a program. The best solution (or sometimes the least sucky solution) depends on factors like timing requirements and overall architecture.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,527 Views)

@CrisSTine01 wrote:

hello, I want to use two indicators for the same variable in two different VIs running at the same time

I'm a huge fan of User Events to send updates to GUIs from who knows where.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,510 Views)