LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb-6008 voltage for SSR control

Hi all,

I'm following the National instruments procedure to operate a fan using an SSR with a USB DAQ-6008. http://www.ni.com/example/31411/en/#toc5

I need a minimum of 3 volts from my daq to control. This should be no problem as I can get up to 5V. However when I measure using a voltmeter I get 5v but when I connect the wiring for some reason it will only give me 1.49V. Disconnect the cable again it measure as 5v.

Has anyone any idea what Im doing wrong ?

cheers

S.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,798 Views)

Hi

The output current drive for Analog Output is 5 mA. My guess is, that your device is using to much power.

Manual for 6008, p. 21

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,783 Views)

H Alex,

thanks for your reply. I suppose whats really thowing me is that if I go into MyDAq I can manually request 5 V and teh fan works. However run it in a VI and no joy, back to 1.49 it goes...so weird.

many thanks

S.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,771 Views)
I have not found an ssr which the 6008 will drive. But I have joined 2 channels together and that worked fine. You have to drive the outputs at the same time. That involves writing to the whole port at once. This involves fun with logical bit masking. So go ahead and have fun.
Michael. Speaking from experience
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,769 Views)

Hi,

thanks for your reply, I have a Fentek SSR-25 switching a 230VAC circuit with now problems. The issue is with the SSR mentioned in the NI procedure http://www.ni.com/example/31411/en/#toc5

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,758 Views)
You've been told what the problem is with the 6008. What are you asking now?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,748 Views)

Denis,

the 6008 can switch the SSR when I manually input 5VDC in the MyDaq interface. But when I run it in a VI it only outputs 1.49V.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,740 Views)
Ok. Now it's time to see the vi. And what is mydaq interface? Max? And are you using an analoge output? Why?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,733 Views)
The myDAQ and 6008 are two different pieces of hardware so your comment makes no sense. Which one are you actually using?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,728 Views)