LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb-6008, how can the DI or DO be configured individually?

How can the DI or DO be configured individually?

It is not possible with the NI-DAQmx Base Configuration Utility

kas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,303 Views)
Are you talking about port0 and port1, digital input and digital output or port0.0 and port0.1??? (just to clarify your DO or DI)

You can specify each line to be an input or an output using the daxmx config vis or you can set the ports to be an input or an output.  For the create channel vi, choose one channel for each line or one channel for all lines to fit your needs.

Kenny
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,293 Views)
Hello kas,

Just for some further clarification, using the DAQmx Base Configuration Utility, you can add individual lines to a digital read or write task.  By setting the line mask in the Line Selection tab, you can select which lines to include in your task. 

Also, if you are using the USB-6008 on either Windows or Linux, I would highly recommend using the NI-DAQmx driver to program your application rather than NI-DAQmx Base.  The full NI-DAQmx driver has a lot of functionality that is missing from the NI-DAQmx Base driver.  If you are currently using NI-DAQmx Base and want to switch, check out the following KB for further instructions:

Why can't I see my USB-6008, -6009, or -6501 under "DAQmx Devices" in MAX after installing NI-DAQmx ...

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,279 Views)