LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading with window XP

Hi,

I am successfully a labview program using Labview 6 with window 98. I am upgrading the window to XP and then the labview program that was successfully running in win 98 gives error and doesnt run. Its a bunch of error AO update.vi and others.

Does the window verson changes the labview program?
What is going on? Can somone help???

SAL
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,163 Views)

Hi SAL,

Did you re-install the Traditional NI-DAQ driver when you upgraded your computer?

Regards,

Ryan K.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,156 Views)
A Windows upgrade won't change anything inside LabVIEW

The one exception to this would be if you were using the Port In/Out VIs. The ones that worked on Win98 will not work on WinXP. Microsoft changed how the ports are accessed. There are some newer Port In/Out VIs that can downloaded from NI that will fix this problem.

Another thing that may have happened is if you had you DAQ configurartion setup in MAX, installing a new OS and upgrading LabVIEW might have deleted the channel configuaration files. Did you do an upgrade, or did you format the hard drive and start from scratch.

What exactly is the problem? Are your VIs broken when you opens them? Do they run but now generate errors?

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,153 Views)

Hi Ryan and Ed,

Well here is what I did. I copied the existing labview program running with win98 on the other hard drive as a back up and tried to upgrade the existing drive with win XP. After windows installion upgrade, the program generated errors.Saying broken.....here are some of the errors.

poly VI..AO update channel, vi, polymorphic subVI is broken

poly VI, AI acquire waveform.vi..subvi not executable....

AO group config.vi..

AO hardware config.vi..

AO single update...AI control

It seems that with the window upgrade all my programs in the labview is generating errors..with broken links...I have no clue what is going on..

But if i switch the hard drive with win98 loaded the same program works. fine..

What is wrong? How do i solve it?

Thanks

sal

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,145 Views)
What about answering Ryan's question? Did you re-install the DAQ drivers? Your LabVIEW program does not include this. And if you tried to copy the old drivers from the old to the new, this won't work either. You need to do an actual install.
Message 5 of 8
(3,137 Views)
Hi,

No. I didnt install the DAQ driver. I shall try to install the driver and see if it works fine. Any other suggestions...

Thanks

SAL 
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,129 Views)
Reinstalling will most probably solve your problem....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,109 Views)
Hi,

Thanks guys.
I installed the driver and it worked.

SAL
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,087 Views)