LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade labview project that has classes and subVi's

I can see that project and  various use lib files certinly are  in SCM. Also, I  did find that the use lib VI's are not system VI's but user created.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(837 Views)

Hi Sam,

I also talked to App engineer at Ni and he also suggested saving copy using Build_Specificayions to build source distribution.

I did that, but at the end i get an error that is attached.

Any idea how to resolve this?

sed_y

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(832 Views)

Another Solution suggested to me:

How about I take new PC, install LV 2014 onto it,

download everything from SCM onto it, and run under LV 2014, to see how it goes.

Only one concern, if there are no LV 8.5 directories( as there is no LV 8.5 on new machine), once I download corresponding folders

from SCM , would LV 2014 be able to use them/find them?

If not, can i just download them to corresponding LV2014 folders?

I am sorry but there have been so many different suggestions that I am worried, and I do appreciate all the suggestions.

sed_y

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(810 Views)

@sed_y2005 wrote:

Another Solution suggested to me:

How about I take new PC, install LV 2014 onto it,

download everything from SCM onto it, and run under LV 2014, to see how it goes.

Only one concern, if there are no LV 8.5 directories( as there is no LV 8.5 on new machine), once I download corresponding folders

from SCM , would LV 2014 be able to use them/find them?

If not, can i just download them to corresponding LV2014 folders?

I am sorry but there have been so many different suggestions that I am worried, and I do appreciate all the suggestions.

sed_y

This is the way I like to develop. I have only one version of LabVIEW on the machine and this prevents problems that can happen with multiple versions. (Linking against the wrong version of a file for example.) It is more important when dealing with cRIOs or similar targets because of the mix of supporting libraries like NI-RIO.

For some people, this is overkill, but if you have the extra machine, why not?

P.S. Yes, just copy the custom libs you have in user to the equivalent folders on the new machine. You should get these libs into the SCM at some point, but it is complicated to manage these kinds of libs in SCM. For now, you might just put them in a seperate folder in your SCM and make sure all your developers know which version goes with which version of your main product.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(801 Views)

Hi Clendon,

I am going to exactly try this.

Thanks

Sed_y

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(790 Views)

This is also where having Virtual Machines comes in very handy! 🙂

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD