LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updation of labview 6.1 to 7.1

am using ver 7.1 and running a program written in ver 6.1.Will it create any error.Because each time I  run the program, it is showing error in the subvi's. I have written two separate programs and combined those two. Sometimes when i change the location of the program,it runs and many times it gives error.?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,405 Views)

Hi always,

some more information would really help here...

"Will it create any error.Because each time I  run the program, it is showing error in the subvi's" - You answered your own question Smiley Wink

What error?

"I have written two separate programs and combined those two."

Executables? Vis? How did you combine?

"Sometimes when i change the location of the program,it runs and many times it gives error.?"

Change location? From where to where? Which error?

Usually when uprading to a new(er) LabView version you masscompile your vis (after doing a backup!). This will ensure best performance of the vis in the new LV verson...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,402 Views)

I have combined two different prgs using the stack structure. Each of the two prgs contains subvis.

When I run the program,when the prg execution reaches the point of the first function calling the  subvi, it gives the msg that " an error occured. continue or stop" if we give continue, it will run without executing the subvi.

sometimes it gives the msg while opening the prg that" the subvis...so and so... to be found at so and so location was found at so and so location".That time the program will run.

I am using 7.1 ver. One of the programs I am using came along with the instrument and it is written in 6.1.So is there any compatibility pbm?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,387 Views)

Hi always,

this is still very vague... Do you mind to provide error numbers?

"an error occured. continue or stop" is the standard error requester of LabView. You will get it all the time when the error handling isn't programmed properly. Most probably a problem with file path occured... Your subvi wil run, but file loading/saving gives errors and is "jumped over" when you choose to continue.

"subvis is found somewhere else": As mentioned before doing a mass compile (and a backup before!) will remove such errors... Because of copying/moving vis to a different location LabView has to re-link subvi connections and so presenting that warning.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,384 Views)

i have mass compiled the prg..still the same problem.

I mean by changing the location of the prg by copying the prg from one folder to another folder. ther error number is 5003 and it says this is an undefined error. pls help me to sort this out.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,378 Views)
Please post some code. We can not help you before we some code

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,369 Views)