cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updated Enm control values automatically

Solved!
Go to solution

HI all,

I have an output array as mentioned in the attached code. on the other hand, I need a control that updated its values automatically depends on the output array. for instance, Enm control updated its values depends on that output. Is it possible to do that?? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,869 Views)

Eh... what? Sorry but I do not understand what you're trying to do at all. If you want to programatically populate an enum, that is impossible to do while the VI that uses it is running, you need to reference to it while it's shut down in another VI, then run it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,864 Views)

Depending on what you want to have, there are a couple of options.

Just like Daikataro tells you, adding or removing items from an Enum during runtime is not possible. However, you can enable/disable (grayed out) items via property node. This is the first option.

The second option would be to use a Combo Box or instead of an Text Ring depending if you prefer a string or an integer in your block diagram. Both of these provide the option to add/remove items during runtime.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,858 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Al-rawachy

Maybe it's better to use a text ring control.

Attached could work?

Message 4 of 8
(2,854 Views)

Hi Marco,

Yeah that's what I wanted, can you please send me this code in the attached photo? thanks in advance

Daikataro nad Norert: thank you so much for your feedback

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,846 Views)

see attached (LV 13)

bye!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,841 Views)

Hi Marco,

Sorry for bothering you. I've asked you to send me your code becasue I couldn't found the option (String and values) in the property node? can you please tell me how did you find it? I tried to replicate what you have done but it doesn't work with me!! thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,830 Views)

Sorry Marco, I found it, thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,816 Views)