cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update plot after each iteration

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a sample code of data where I collect data over various devices.  Can you help me to update 'GRAPH 2' to show all the plots on that graph.  However, I would like GRAPH 2 updated after each completed run of the outer for loop.  [So after the 3rd iteration of the outer loop (defined by 'outer loop'), 'GRAPH 2' should have 3 plots and so on...]

Thanks,

hiNi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,474 Views)

Move the bundler in the inner loop to outside the loop and wire to it an array of x values (top terminal) and an array of y values (bottom terminal). Wire the resulting cluster to graph 1. Also accumulate this cluster into an array and wire it to graph 2.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 12
(4,462 Views)

I tried what you said, but I still can't seem to get it to work.  I can't get graph2 to update after each iteration, and also keep the last plots on the graph.

hiNi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,444 Views)
I don't know about the regular XY Graph, but with the Express XY Graph there is an input called Reset.  If you wire a false to this it retains all the previous values.  I'm sure there's a property in the property node for XY Graph, but I didn't see one in the quick glance I took.
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,440 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hiNI

Hello hiNI

Do you want something like this?

Message 5 of 12
(4,432 Views)

EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,427 Views)

Thanks for your help.!!!

I have one more request...

How can I dynamically change the plot names?  I extract a name after each iteration and would like to give the plot that name in graph's 2 legend. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,408 Views)
This question was asked and answered in this other thread.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,380 Views)

i am trying this for the following use to plot waveforms but not successful can anyone help

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,527 Views)

Hello,

It is usually in everyone's best interest in posting new questions in a new forum post. This keeps forums focused on a single question from getting too long, and it will help you become more visible to get quicker help.

I attached a modified version of your code, though. There is some documentation included in it that should explain it a little more.

Best,

Shamik C

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,514 Views)