From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update data from subvi

right, just like the buffer on my DAQ?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(765 Views)

I am just confused, back to my original question... How can I pull aquired data from a subvi into a local variable/array that i can then manipulate and then display in a variety of ways?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(750 Views)

The buffer for you DAQ device is a hardware buffer.  A queue is a software buffer.  They are similar in that they are first in, first out,  but where they are located is different.

Did you try putting a while loop around the part of yourd code in the main VI like I stated in messages 4 and 6.  Not that I recommend going that route, but it answers your question about subVI's and local variables.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(745 Views)

I tried the while as you suggested.  It does not work.  the intensity graph will update ony if i interupt the continuous daq (with a stop).  basically the same behavior as bofore if i start and stop the main program

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(724 Views)

Attach your latest VI's that you say don't work.

I believe it will, but only if you truly did what I was trying to tell you to do.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(718 Views)