LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update a table content in database MS access

Hi
In my application i am using Database toolkit to write a table in to MS access.
i am able to write a table in to database but i am facing problem in editing a perticular cell in a table which is there in data base, how this can be achieved?
When i use insert data vi, a row of data is being inserted. but in my application i need to keep updating the data in the same field.
Ex: If i have writen a data in the 1st row i should keep updating the values of the 1st row basically i need to edit table contents.

regards
anil 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,783 Views)
Anil

You can DB Tools Execute Query to run an UPDATE query. Take this example where I use the example labview.mdb database in ...\examples\database directory. This VI allows the user to UPDATE the PhoneNumber field for record with CustomerID=23311 which is the first record.

Hope this helps

David

Message Edited by David Crawford on 10-07-2006 09:37 AM

Message 2 of 6
(3,780 Views)
Alternatively,  this link http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3150 that demonstrates how to update a database table using the DBT

I followed a lead on another post and found the above link which I didn't know this existed until now.

Still learning ....

David
Message 3 of 6
(3,774 Views)

Hi David

Thanks for the help when i use in my code its throughing an error

Exception occured in Microsoft JET Database Engine: Syntax error in UPDATE statement. in Conn Execute.vi->db write.vi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,748 Views)
Which one doesn't work?

I tested my first suggestion but didn't try the second.

David
Message 5 of 6
(3,742 Views)
David,
i have solved the problem thanks again

regards
anil
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,740 Views)