From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update a slider insider an array of clusters

I have an array of clusters. Each clusters has several controls, one of which is a slider. I want to change the scale of the slider dynamically, since I have one slider per variable in my system. I'm using a for loop to access each cluster in the array and update the scale of the slider to match the range of the variable. But when doing this, the scales in all the sliders are updated at once, thus all sliders end up having the range of the last variable.
Is there a way to avoid this automatic update of all the elements in an array?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,250 Views)
ktonltd,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to stop this kind of autoupdate.  You will see the same behavior if you were to place a slider inside of an array without the cluster.  As a workaround though, you might be able to add two addiotnal elements to your cluster that hold the values of the max/min of your slider, that way when you display the values you can rescale the indicator appropriately.  Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,227 Views)
In the unlikely chance that your array size is fixed you could work with a cluster of clusters

You can then use the Controls[] property to access the individual maximum and scales property nodes.

Incidently I had seen this before http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=170076&query.id=49401#M170076. There are some tips on how to get around the array to cluster limitations. They might apply to you.

David

Message Edited by David Crawford on 06-21-2006 07:53 AM

Message Edited by David Crawford on 06-21-2006 07:53 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,216 Views)