LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unwrap dll

I would like to unwrap all the dll files because Labview is unable to find several vi.  "Find vi"  window does not function when trying to open a vi.  At least if the dll files  were unwrapped I could use Windows Explorer to find what is required.

I thought that there was a blanket unwrap function but I can't find it.

Raymond 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,725 Views)

What do you mean by unwrapping all the DLLs? Under what conditions can't LV find the DLLs that you are using? What DLLs are lost?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 6
(3,724 Views)

I downloaded this VI bal_2_plane_pda.zip which asks for Analog 2D DBL Nchan N Sample.vi . Labview can't find it and I can't give it a path.  Windows Explorer can't find files that are hidden in dll files because it can't cope with the designs of demented minds.   Usually I can find these sub vi, today I find only that it is a terrible concept.

Raymond 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,704 Views)

Do you means DLLs or LLBs. You can't have files inside DLLs an LLB can contain VIs. In terms of what you're missing, it's a DAQ driver. Do you have DAQmx installed?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 4 of 6
(3,690 Views)

Mike,

You are correct they are LLB files.  Yes DAQmx is installed.  I did look inside some of the LLB files but that became quite tedious since I was not in the DAQmx folder. I did look at the editor but did not notice the icon "Convert Directories and LLBs".  It probably had something to do with my disposition due to Labview not being able to find a file then making it very difficult for me to help the program.  I would convert the entire Labview 8.5 folder in one shot if I could so that I could use Windows Explorer to quickly find the VIs that Labview cannot. I will verify the installation again.

Raymond

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,678 Views)

I have no idea why you are so confused. The zip file does not contain any llbs either. It contains a LabVIEW project and all of the separate VIs. Did you bother to read the 'two plane bal readme.txt' file? It clearly says that you need DAQmx Base (which obviously makes sense for a PDA app) installed as well as the PDA module. LabVIEW will find the files as soon as you install the correct driver. When you open the top level, you should see the Search screen. That tells you where and what it is looking for.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-23-2009 12:13 PM
Message 6 of 6
(3,674 Views)