From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

untriggerred event(e-fgv)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Guys,

I have questions on event triggering of efgv(event functional global variable, I am not sure though this is the standard name that people use...haha) . We found out that efgv is quite handy. However the more we use it, we realized that some of the events are not triggered.

I created a VI(Test EFGV.vi) for you guys to run it. basically there is 1 loop that will trigger the event 50 times, and supposely all event cases on different loops should be triggered 50 times as well. However when you run the VI, the iteration of each triggered loop will be different. The VI has 1 trigger loop and 4 to-be-triggered loops, the same with what we normally do on our application: 1 will trigger many.

However there are also efgv that 1 designed to be 1 to 1 trigger. And I realized that the issue  still occur but far less frequent. For example the previous project we have intermittent issue on this, where in a month, the efgv was not triggered only once.

Anybody know why this is happening? What did I do wrong with the program? Hope you guys can help me on this....

Thanks....

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,512 Views)

you did not include the typedef.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,498 Views)

Sorry about that...here you are....Smiley Happy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,489 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author whop

You can't use the same event registration refnum among multiple event structures.  Each needs its own reference wire.

Message 4 of 5
(2,392 Views)

Thanks RavensFan. It works now...Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,358 Views)