cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unknown CLAD Questions

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi friends,

I have started to prepare for CLAD exam. I got some unknown questions when I take online exam. Those questions are given below. Please postyour answers with reason.

1.png

2.png

3.png 

4.png

5.png

8.png 

10.png 

Regard,

Murali.

Message Edited by Muralidharan on 05-08-2010 07:58 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31
(5,946 Views)
Rather than re-answering the questions please do a search, as these questions have been posted before, along with the answers. It should also be noted that the answers to several of these can be found in the manuals.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31
(5,923 Views)
Thans for your reply. Where I can get study materials about DAQ?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
(5,902 Views)
Help>Search the LabVIEW Help and DAQmx Getting Started.
Message 4 of 31
(5,891 Views)

Which DAQ board will allow for the detection of a 2.1 mV change in a signal if a 0-10 volt range was selected?

a. 12-bit board

b. 16-bit board

c.Both A. and B

d. None of the above.

I couldn't  find the answer for above question. Please send the answer withway of calculation.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31
(5,801 Views)

This question has nothing to do with Labview.  So why is it on the CLAD?  Am I the only one who is sick and tired of NI's certification program Smiley Mad ?  Irrelevant questions, tricky questions, ambiguous questions, having to re-certify every 2 years!!!!  My certification does not bring in extra money.  At first my company paid for the exams.  Now they won't.  I'm saying good bye to my certification when it lapses.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 6 of 31
(5,778 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Muralidharan

Range / 2^bits = smallest detectable change.

E.g.: 8 bits = 10V / 2^8 = 10 / 256 = .039V (39mV)

E.g.: 12 bits = 10V / 2^12 = 10 / 4096 = .00244V (2.44mV)

EDIT:  I'm with Ya tbob!  Many of these questions are valid only for someone who teaches LabVIEW.  DAQ Assistant???  Pfft!   

Message Edited by NIquist on 05-13-2010 01:42 PM
LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 7 of 31
(5,773 Views)

tbob wrote:

This question has nothing to do with Labview.  So why is it on the CLAD?  Am I the only one who is sick and tired of NI's certification program Smiley Mad ?  Irrelevant questions, tricky questions, ambiguous questions, having to re-certify every 2 years!!!!  My certification does not bring in extra money.  At first my company paid for the exams.  Now they won't.  I'm saying good bye to my certification when it lapses.

I just took the CLAD and had no DAQ questions. I think that exam the OP took is a bad example. Irrelevant questions weren't too bad on the one I took. In fact, irrelevant could really depend on the user of LabVIEW. I never use certain charts, so to me they are irrelevant. But that doesn't mean they can't test you on it. There were some ambiguous questions (but what exams in life don't have those) and without a couple tricky questions, how would you separate the people who really know stuff from those that only know some of it?

Overall, I didn't think it was bad, but I think even somewhat experienced users are going to miss some questions just based on the mere fact that there is such a vast amount of stuff that NI can write questions about due to the complexity of LabVIEW.

That's just my two cents.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
(5,764 Views)
If I write the CLAD exam, when the result will be announced?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31
(5,758 Views)

tbob wrote:

After having sat for the CLD twice and the CLA exam three times (passed them all), I would love to say I am going to walk the same path but that will have to wait until I retire. SO when you read about me complaining about the ecomony and the federal budget, it is really the CLA in me scream to be set free.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31
(5,749 Views)