LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to run Lock-In start-up kit

Hi,I am new to LabVEW software. I am working to design a Lock-In amplifier in LabVIEW. I have downloaded NI Lock-In start-up kit and tried to run in LabVIEW8.5. When the program is loading it is asking to fing some VI's,

"AI Config.vi, AI Read(scaled array).vi, AI Read.vi, AI Clear.vi", which I could'nt locate. Can some one help me with this?. In order to run this simulation do I need any hardware?.

Thank you,Hari.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,380 Views)

Those VI's are part of the traditional DAQ drivers.  Only the DAQmx drivers are installed because they are the latest/greatest that you should try to use.

What you will need to do is reinstall from the Device Driver CD or DVD and select traditional DAQ support.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,369 Views)

See this

Message 3 of 10
(3,368 Views)
Thanks for the information. Can I get those driVers from NI site?, becasuse I donot have the CD. Also to run this Lock-In start-up kit simulation do I need to any hardware or just the LabVIEW software is enough?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,363 Views)

The latest version of DAQmx can be downloaded from here. There is a built-in simulation capability with DAQmx and Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) which is the configuration utility for NI boards. The simulation is limited to a sine wave for analog inputs and there is no analog output available of course.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,357 Views)

HI, I downloaded drivers from, http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/570/lang/en. I am still getting the same error, asking to loacte the VI's. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,322 Views)

Hi there, have you resolve this problem? I am getting the same error, and baffled by the missing subVi. Can anyone tell me where to get those missing files please? I would really appreciate it!!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,755 Views)

Did you download the Traditional DAQ driver as suggested above? When I do that, the Lock-In Demo VI is able to find the VIs that were missing previously.

Also, what version of LabVIEW and Windows are you using?

Regards,

Brice S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,719 Views)

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I did download the traditional driver, however it still couldn't find those vi files. And I have labview 2011 that runs on windows 7, can they actually cause problems? 

Really appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,712 Views)

Well, Traditional DAQ doesn't support Windows 7, so I'm suprised you were able to install the Traditional DAQ driver at all. The issue is that the Lock-In start-up kit is several years old and hasn't been updated to use DAQmx. I don't know if it provides all the same functionality, but there is Lock-in Amplifier example that was posted to our Developer Zone last year that you might find useful ( http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4532 ).

Regards,

Brice S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,707 Views)