From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to run Lock-In start-up kit

Hi,I am new to LabVEW software. I am working to design a Lock-In amplifier in LabVIEW. I have downloaded NI Lock-In start-up kit and tried to run in LabVIEW8.5. When the program is loading it is asking to fing some VI's,

"AI Config.vi, AI Read(scaled array).vi, AI Read.vi, AI Clear.vi", which I could'nt locate. Can some one help me with this?. In order to run this simulation do I need any hardware?.

Thank you,Hari.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,376 Views)

Those VI's are part of the traditional DAQ drivers.  Only the DAQmx drivers are installed because they are the latest/greatest that you should try to use.

What you will need to do is reinstall from the Device Driver CD or DVD and select traditional DAQ support.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,365 Views)

See this

Message 3 of 10
(3,364 Views)
Thanks for the information. Can I get those driVers from NI site?, becasuse I donot have the CD. Also to run this Lock-In start-up kit simulation do I need to any hardware or just the LabVIEW software is enough?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,359 Views)

The latest version of DAQmx can be downloaded from here. There is a built-in simulation capability with DAQmx and Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) which is the configuration utility for NI boards. The simulation is limited to a sine wave for analog inputs and there is no analog output available of course.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,353 Views)

HI, I downloaded drivers from, http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/570/lang/en. I am still getting the same error, asking to loacte the VI's. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,318 Views)

Hi there, have you resolve this problem? I am getting the same error, and baffled by the missing subVi. Can anyone tell me where to get those missing files please? I would really appreciate it!!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,751 Views)

Did you download the Traditional DAQ driver as suggested above? When I do that, the Lock-In Demo VI is able to find the VIs that were missing previously.

Also, what version of LabVIEW and Windows are you using?

Regards,

Brice S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,715 Views)

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I did download the traditional driver, however it still couldn't find those vi files. And I have labview 2011 that runs on windows 7, can they actually cause problems? 

Really appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,708 Views)

Well, Traditional DAQ doesn't support Windows 7, so I'm suprised you were able to install the Traditional DAQ driver at all. The issue is that the Lock-In start-up kit is several years old and hasn't been updated to use DAQmx. I don't know if it provides all the same functionality, but there is Lock-in Amplifier example that was posted to our Developer Zone last year that you might find useful ( http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4532 ).

Regards,

Brice S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,703 Views)