cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to process image

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

When I tried to run the attached program it shows the following error.

Error -1074396080 occurred at IMAQ Extract Single Color Plane

Possible reason(s):

IMAQ Vision: Invalid image type.

My input image is also attached.

Please help me debug.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,514 Views)
Solution

Look, you define your 3 images as "grayscale U8" type, then you read a colour image (your png file attached) and then try to extract a colour pane from it... I bet that if you put a probe just after the "IMAQ ReadFile"the image will be in graysclae, and if you use a "Extract Colour Pane" on a grayscale image, it's understandable that you get an error.

Image 1 need to be allocated as a colour image ; then instead of using twice the "image copy" maybe just linking a graysclae buffer to the "image dst" input of the "extract colour pane" will make it easier.

Look at this, I've re-worked your VI a bit, I think it works as you expect : 

Clipboard01.png

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,510 Views)

Thank you for your kind response.

Can you attach the modified vi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,506 Views)

I think it's best if I don't, you should read my diagram, try to understand it, ask question if something is not clear for you and then try to fix your VI without looking at my diagram. If you succeed in this it will mean you learnt something.

good luck!

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,503 Views)

Thankyou very much. My deepest gratitude for your timely help.

I tried the code you suggested. It worked as I expected. I did a little modification. When I run the program , the acquired image is displayed but nothing appears in the next display. No errors are shown.

I did not understand what could be the reason. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,497 Views)

Hi,

I don't know why, but the program is giving an output when it is selected in dilate mode but no output appears in erode mode.

And the when the displayed output in dilate mode is observed it shows different output contrast in successive images.

As the input image is constant should'nt the output image also be stable without flickering?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,489 Views)

very interesting question, it shows that there is still a little thing that you're missing with image ref, I'll try to explain...

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,477 Views)

Smiley Very Happy that will teach me to not do my homework... not too sure about the flickering image but surely if you understand well what I've tried to explain to you then you'll be able to solve it yourself!

Enjoy.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,473 Views)

Your teaching methodology is excellent. The way you explained the code step by step is very helpful for beginners like me.

It actually creates more interest  towards labview programming. Thankyou very much.

After removing the IMAQ Equalize the image is more clear. But the flickering effect, I dont know how to solve it. My College project dead line is nearing.So I cannot spend more time trying to identify the cause. As the image quality is good I am going to ignore the flickering effect for now.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,463 Views)

Smiley Happy

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,459 Views)