LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uff plug in

hi
I've just upgraded to LV 8.2.1 (PDS) and want to import a UFF file.
I have found, downloaded and installed the UFF plug-in.
Unfortunately I am having trouble trying to figure out how to access the plug in features.
The download page said an example vi was included in the zip, but I haven't found one.

Can you provide a little more information or an example of loading a uff?

cheers

A
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,589 Views)

Hi Andy

Thanks for contacting NI. The problem you are experiencing has been reported and we are hoping to update the problem as soon as we can. You are indeed correct, the downloadable file does not include the example which is meant to be provided. If you copy the link below into your browser, this will take you to the example download page. Download the LV 8.0 version as 8.2.1 will have no problems opening this. Hopefully the files contained in the .dll will have everything you need but If you need any further help, please continue to post on this issue.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4181

Best wishes

Rob

Rob L

NI Applications Engineer

UK & Ireland

It only takes a click to rate this message 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,577 Views)

HI

Ok, I have installed the updated uff plugin (v2.1) and the LV8.0 examples work OK and I can read the UFF files

Thanks for help.

If I can add one thing, to use the plug in requires that you to know the name of the plug in you are referencing (in this case "UFF58"), unfortunately there doesn't appear to be anything anywhere (download page, in the installed files or otherwise) that actually tells you what the plug in name is (I had to have a couple of guesses before I hit on the right one) - perhaps you could add this to the information somewhere?

A

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,554 Views)

Andy

Glad you got the examples working, I apologise about the problem you encountered, I was not aware of this. I will try to get some information posted about this on the download page.

Many thanks for your response, feedback always helps.

Best wishes

Rob

Rob L

NI Applications Engineer

UK & Ireland

It only takes a click to rate this message 😉
Message 4 of 4
(2,551 Views)