From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u480 camera

Hello everybody, 

I´m using a camera from Thorlabs (DCC1645C) for surface measurements. I´m trying to use it with Labview, I´ve got the drivers installed but I do not have any idea how to use them (since "drivers help" seems not to work). 

Has anyone ever used this camera? Any help is welcome!! Smiley Wink

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,556 Views)

@lacorgui wrote:

Hello everybody, 

I´m using a camera from Thorlabs (DCC1645C) for surface measurements. I´m trying to use it with Labview, I´ve got the drivers installed but I do not have any idea how to use them (since "drivers help" seem not to work). 

Has anyone ever used this camera? Any help is welcome!! Smiley Wink

Thanks

http://www.thorlabs.de/thorcat/ITN/DCC1645C-SoftwareManual.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,549 Views)

Thanks nyc, 

I know how to use this application. However my purpose is to implement the use of the camera in Labview using the drivers installed instead of using the application.

Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,543 Views)

@lacorgui wrote:

Thanks nyc, 

I know how to use this application. However my purpose is to implement the use of the camera in Labview using the drivers installed instead of using the application.

Smiley Wink

Drivers are not meant to help you learn how to control the camera.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,535 Views)

I know, I read the manual and other .pdf files in order to understand the camera way of working. In fact, I´ve use the camera before, taking pictures and videos. However, due to my research job, I must implement, at least, the viewer of the camera in a Labview interface. For that, I think using drivers is the best option since they are based on VISA resources. 

I´ve found an old post (getting started with thorlabs lc1-usb (2007)) with some examples but unfortunately vi examples files are not in the server any more (old_example).

Hope to find a way to do it! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,524 Views)

You may want to try installing the older UC480 version 4.20 software.

http://www.thorlabs.de/software_pages/ViewSoftwarePage.cfm?Code=ThorCam

It includes a manual about the LabVIEW drivers which are *not* included. However the explanation may match the VIs you have that are installed with the newer software.

It also includes a VB.NET example using ActiveX. That may be translateable into LabVIEW.

By the way, there are most likely a lot of helpful resources installed on your PC.

Look in the Program Files directory under Thorlabs.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,506 Views)

Upon installing the Thorcam software, the labview VIs are installed as well.

usually they are found in the following

directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Thorlabs\Scientific Imaging\DCx Camera Support\OtherDrivers\LabVIEW\8.x_32-bit

hope this helps

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,135 Views)