LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two input of table

like what I said the table value is constant.

I just want to know the connection of the wires. I dont know how to connect the all three of array table. like previous question I asked its just two of array table  with one input. but now I want to use two input with three table and  the third table is the answer one

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(923 Views)

If it is constant. what is use of giving A & B values. I think One array is enough to get Z values.

AA.png

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(913 Views)

Thank you munna232,

but is it possible to do just want array because the table I used is contains many value like below one

X                                   Y                                          Z

table Zs.png

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(906 Views)

Lots of people seem to be trying to help, but are frustrated by a lack of understanding of exactly what you are trying to do. Your statement of the problem is very unclear, and when someone proposes a solution all you can say is 'that's no good'!! You are making it very difficult for people to help you.

What exactly are you trying to do? What is your application? What are these two inputs someone types in and what is the output for? Do they only ever type in the X and Y values in the specific pairs shown in the table (eg. 6 & 2.5 as a pair but never 6 & 1)? What do you expect to happen if they type in numbers not in the table?

I can't help thinking that if we knew what you were trying to acheive then there might be a much simpler solution - really, it shouldn't be this hard!

I asked before if you could explain why you wanted to do this because I wanted to help, and you didn't bother answering my question, and nine posts late you are still no closer to a solution. So try explaining your problem so we can underestand what you are trying to do and then I am sure you will get a simple solution.

Stu.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(897 Views)

I believe that what you are looking for is a 2D lookup table.  Z needs to be 2D so you can index it based on both X and Y.  For demonstration:

2D_Table.png

If you are only interested in the actual values in the Z table, rather than any kind of interpolation between them (which seems to be your case), you can simply find the indices of X and Y that correspond to your input and then index Z based on them:

2D_Table_Code.png

VI's for 2D interpolation are included in the Mathematics -> Interpolation & Extrapolation palette (not sure if this is available in base or comes with a NI math toolkit).

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(882 Views)

VItan wrote:

VI's for 2D interpolation are included in the Mathematics -> Interpolation & Extrapolation palette (not sure if this is available in base or comes with a NI math toolkit).

According to the help, Interpolate 2D VI requires Full Developmnet System (as of LabVIEW 2014).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(868 Views)

Yeah.  I think I'm going to check out of this thread.  It is very irritating when a person gives an extremely simplified version of there a problem.  They say it doesn't work because their real problem is much more complicated.  And they keep adding new complications to their problem every time they post a new thread.

When they can't explain what it is they are really trying to do, there is no point in trying to help.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(858 Views)
It's even more difficult when the op cannot use terms correctly. He keep mentioning a table and there is no table in any of his posts. Three separate array constants are NOT a table.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(848 Views)

Of course, for a totally different approach, if all you want is a lookup for a finite number of specific pairs, why not just put them into a ring control so the user can select only the pair of values that are allowed. Because the ring control has an integer output you will need to set 4 digit values and divide the result by 100 to get the decimal vaues you want.

ringsln.png

Of course this might be a sensible solution or not - I have no idea as I have not idea what you are trying to do!!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(844 Views)