LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turn off license dialog

Solved!
Go to solution

We just installed LV 2012 on 85 machines and have checked the box on the license dialog that says don't show this again,

but without fail, it keeps coming up each day becasue we have not licensed the Application Builder (and don't want to).

How do we get rid of this very annoying screen?

This happened when we installed LV 2011 but now it is even worse because after checking the box (AGAIN) to NOT show the panel again, it says that we may extend the evaluation period if we want to (probably for the Application Builder which we don't want).

Eventually, after the 30 day evaluation period for App Builder expires I imagine it will go away, but it is very annoying in the meantime.

Brian Smith
Advanced Light Source
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(4,437 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BVSmith

Use NI License Manager to deactivate the evaluation for the App builder as shown. the box next to components that are in evaluation is 1/2 yellow rather than the green you see here:

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 21
(4,422 Views)

You will have to uninstall the application builder to get rid of the message before the 30 day evaluation expires, after the 30 days it will not pop up.  At least that is what happened with the DSC trial I had on a 2011 version.

Next time don't install things you don't have a license for and it won't happen Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(4,419 Views)

Excuse me, but when you are installing LV 2011 and 2012 there is no option to NOT install the Application Builder.

All it says is to leave the serial number blank if you are installing Professional.

I think National wants people to try it so they don't give the option of not installing it.

Brian Smith
Advanced Light Source
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(4,405 Views)

Thanks for that info.  Still, it is a shame that NI is forcing us to do that when it should just give the option of not installing it in the first place.

Brian Smith
Advanced Light Source
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(4,403 Views)

Actually, it isn't licensed so I can't deactivate it.

Right-clicking on the yellow box only offers "Activate".

So my original question remains - how do we get it to stop popping up when we start LV before the 30 days expires?

This will happen again in LV 2013, 2014, etc. and it is pretty annoying to have to do it for 85 machines.

Brian Smith
Advanced Light Source
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(4,396 Views)

@BVSmith wrote:

Excuse me, but when you are installing LV 2011 and 2012 there is no option to NOT install the Application Builder.

All it says is to leave the serial number blank if you are installing Professional.

I think National wants people to try it so they don't give the option of not installing it.

Excuse me, but LabVIEW Professional includes the application builder.

http://www.ni.com/labview/buy/

It must be a conspiracy and NI is out to get you.  Or something messed up with the install.  Or since it is included try registering it and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(4,385 Views)

We're not licensing Professional on these 85 machines.  We are licensing "Full".
But the install dialog still doesn't allow us to NOT install it.

And I find it a little strange that you think that 85 installs were messed up some how.

I find your comment about conspiracy a bit condescending.

Brian Smith
Advanced Light Source
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(4,367 Views)

Since you are using a "Full" version the App builder TK was installed as a "curtosy" with the normal installation too allow you to evaluate the TK.  You might have a valid complaint

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(4,355 Views)

I really don't have an answer for your license dialog.  But are you seriously developing on 85 computers all by different people at the same time?  Seems to me like you could save some money by going to a Volume License Manager and/or order some Professional versions and building executables.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(4,351 Views)