LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with Labview dependencies

Hello.. I'm trying to make a labview instrument for Multisim, and I can't get the instrument to show up as a choice in Multisim.. I think I've found the problem but I can't figure out how to fix it. I'm sure it's a build option or something. I've gone through the Multisim instructions several times and I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right.

Multisim comes with sample Labview instruments. I'm using the template for the input output instrument. When I build it, the .llb file comes out at 87kB, but the pre built .llb that came with the template is 158kB.. Ihave the feeling that something is being left out when I build.

If I open the .llb that I built and try to open one of the .vis, I get this error:

C:\NI_Backup\1\Circuit Design Suite 10.1\samples\LabVIEW Instruments\Templates\InputOutput\StarterIOInstrumentV2.lvproj (StarterIOInstrumentV2.lvproj)
    - The VI expected to be at "C:\NI_Backup\1\Circuit Design Suite 10.1\samples\LabVIEW Instruments\Templates\InputOutput\Build\IOInstrumentV2.llb\Starter IO Instrument V2.vit" was loaded from "C:\NI_Backup\1\Circuit Design Suite 10.1\samples\LabVIEW Instruments\Templates\InputOutput\IOInstrumentV2.llb\Starter IO Instrument V2.vit".
    - The VI expected to be at "C:\NI_Backup\1\Circuit Design Suite 10.1\samples\LabVIEW Instruments\Templates\InputOutput\Build\IOInstrumentV2.llb\generate Simulated Data.vi" was loaded from "C:\NI_Backup\1\Circuit Design Suite 10.1\samples\LabVIEW Instruments\Templates\InputOutput\IOInstrumentV2.llb\generate Simulated Data.vi".

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,491 Views)

I'm not sure what you mean by building the file for Multisim, but the message you are getting indicates that for whatever reason when you load your "vi" it was expecting the mentioned vi's at one location ..\Build\IOInstrument.llb\ , which apparently doesn't exist, so it has searched around and found vi's of the same name (probably the correct ones in this instance) elsewhere. Since in this instance I don't know what is meant by "build" I can offer an explanation of what my cause the files size. If there is a file in that path (..\Build\...) then I would guess that for some reason the mentioned files aren't being included. When exe's are built in the professional development environment (to make standalone "LabVIEW" programs) there are settings to include, exclude various files, which may be similar to what to is happening here.

This may be a question best posted to the Circuit design suite forums, where the "experts" in the multisim specifics are more likely to lurk!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,457 Views)

Hello,

Please attach your LabVIEW files so that I can run some tests. What are your Multisim and LabVIEW versions?

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,428 Views)