From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trigger without express VI

Hello,

I wondered if it was possible to trigger a signal without using an express VI.
Is there another solution ?

Thanks,

joubiyann.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,129 Views)
Express vi's are a way of automating coding, they all generate labview code that can be written manually, so anything you can do in an express vi you can do in regular code.  I find express vi's as a convenient starting point, get the express vi working close to what your application requires then convert the code back to regular labview code.  To do this, right click on the expressVi and select "open front panel", now you have access to the code generated which you can modify and learn from.  Usually the expressVi does something close to what I need but I often convert the code and optimize it to fit the application better.

-Paul
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,125 Views)
Hello joubiyann,
There are also some LabVIEW examples that demonstrate triggered acquisitions (w/o express VIs).  In LabVIEW, go to Help>>Find Examples.  Navigate to Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Analog Measurements>>Voltage.  There are some great triggering examples there.  Hope that helps!
-Alan A.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,112 Views)