LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tray icon

Hi!
This is Millie here. I am Facing some Problem in Using The Tray icons. For 2-3 Times it works fine i.e. minimizing from the front panel and then restoring from a tray icon menu, but after That it gives me an error and closes the application.
Again if I run the application, the tray icon menu Starts building up and gives me an error and closes the application!   
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,672 Views)

Hai,

could you please post the error code or give a screenshot of it.

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,653 Views)

Hi!

"The Error code is -2147417851 occured at the server threw exception"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,649 Views)

Try a search in the forum with the keyword - server threw exception. you can get a couple of solutions.

see here

Post if still problem persists.

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,641 Views)
Thanks for the suggestion but the link that you sent is regarding the windows patches but in my application the problem is not only with that error message but everytime i am running the application the menu of the tray icon is building and after running the app. for 4-5 times LabVIEW hangs!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,631 Views)

I assume you're talking about this, so my guess would be that you are using it wrong. That specific ActiveX object only uses a single tray icon and adds entries to it unless you destroy it. The ZIP file I linked to includes an example of how to create and destroy the object. Make sure you use it the same way.

If you need to have different icons, you can try using the .NET framework. If you search the LAVA forums, you should find an implementation which does this using .NET.

If after trying all that you still have a problem, you should upload your code.

(2,617 Views)